Runners For Others: An Ignatian 5k
5k Run & 1 Mile Walk
Date: Saturday, April 9, 2016
Location: Patterson Park in Baltimore, MD
Time: 5k @ 9:00 AM, Walk begins immediately after 5k starts
5k & 1 Mile Walk
- FREE for participants 10 and under (registration still required)
- FREE for all Jesuits, members of other religious orders, and ordained clergy of the Archdiocese of Baltimore (registration necessary)
- $10 for current Jesuit Middle/HS & JVC’ers until 3/15, $15 from 3/16 – 4/7, $20 at packet pickup and on race day
- $20 for participants 11-22 years old until 3/15, $25 from 3/16 – 4/7, $30 at packet pickup and on race day
- $25 for participants 23 years old and up until 3/15, $30 from 3/16 – 4/7, $35 at packet pickup and on race day
Can’t be in Baltimore for race day? Still want to support the Jesuit social ministries of Baltimore through the Ignatian 5K? Join the Ignatian 5K’ers as a Virtual Runner for only $20! All VR’s will be sent a race shirt after the event as a thanks for your support and virtual running!
Support the Mission and Ministries
We’ve kept registration fees low, so please consider making a donation to the Ignatian 5K in support of the social ministry programs of the Jesuit organizations of Baltimore. Sponsorship opportunities still exist! Contact Ignatian5K@aol.com.
The 5k course weaves through scenic Patterson Park in Baltimore, MD on paved trails and roads. The 1 mile walk will consist of one small loop around the park.
- Top 3 overall Males and Females
- Top Male and Female runners in each Age Group: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Beyond the Finish Line
Runners for Others: An Ignatian 5K will present the inaugural “Beyond the Finish Line” Award at the 2016 race. This annual award celebrates Ignatian service and commitment to others, by honoring an individual possessing the vision, courage, humility, and stamina to make great things happen.
The 2016 recipient of the Beyond the Finish Line Award is:
Rev. William J. Watters, S.J.
Pastor, St. Ignatius Church, Baltimore, 1991-2005, 2008-2015
Founder and Former President, St. Ignatius Loyola Academy, Baltimore
Co-Founder and Chair Emeritus, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, Baltimore
To demonstrate your support for Fr. Watters, please consider making a donation in his honor by making an online gift through the Maryland Province web site (www.mdsj.org/supportus) or mailing in a check to the Maryland Province Jesuits, Attn: Ignatian 5K, 8600 LaSalle Road, Suite 620, Towson, MD 21286. Sponsors of the award will be acknowledged in the Race Day Program which will be circulated in every participant’s gift bag.
Looking to prepare yourself physically and spiritually for the race? Download the training guide here!
Participants (both runners and walkers) who register before March 28th are guaranteed to receive a race t-shirt. Shirts are available in adult sizes Small up to XX Large. There will be a water station on the course, and water & sports drink at the finish line. Course marshals will direct participants at all major turns.
Street parking is available along the perimeter of Patterson Park – PLEASE OBSERVE ALL POSTED PARKING REGULATIONS AS THEY WILL BE ENFORCED DURING THE EVENT.
Packet Pick Up:
Packets will be available for pick up on the following dates:
- Friday, April 8 at Loyola Blakefield (Knott Hall) from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Saturday, April 9 at the 5k start/finish area in Patterson Park (SE corner near the Pulaski Memorial) starting at 8:00 AM
Due to time constraints on race day, we HIGHLY ENCOURAGE participants to arrive early to pick up packets on Friday.
500 Chestnut Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
Intersection of S Linwood Ave & Eastern Avenue