Holiday Hustle 5k
5k Race & Walk
Date: Sunday, December 17, 2017
Location: Harford Community College in Bel Air, MD
Time: 9:00 AM
Celebrate the holidays with family and friends at the Holiday Hustle 5K! Holiday attire is encouraged – there are even awards for the best dressed. All participants receive a great long-sleeve shirt, finisher medal/ornament, and chip timing. Stick around after for hot chocolate and awards…it may end being the least stressful day of the holiday season!
Registration opening soon!
Online registration closes Thursday, December 14th at 5:00 PM, but you can still register at packet pickup or on race day. Shirts are NOT guaranteed to registrants after 12/9.
5k: $25 until October 31, $30 until November 30, $35 until December 15, $40 at packet pickup and on race day
Kids 10 & under are welcome to participate in the 5K race at no charge, but will not receive a race shirt (they will receive a finisher medal/ornament). Please use the “Kids 10 & Under 5k – No Shirt” category on Active.com to register. If you would like your child to receive a shirt, please register them in the regular 5k category.
The 5K course begins on the Harford Community College campus outside of the Susquehanna Center, and travels through on a loop through the HCC campus before returning to the starting area for the finish.
The course is entirely on paved and crushed gravel surfaces. For safety reasons, pets, roller skates, and other wheeled devices (with the exception of wheelchairs) are not allowed on the course. Jogging strollers are permitted, but we ask that you start in the back of the pack so that your stroller does not create a tripping hazard. In order to hear instructions from course marshals and safety personnel during the event we STRONGLY discourage the use of headphones.
Top 3 overall males and females, as well as in each age group as follows:
10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+
First male and female runners to finish the course in a complete Santa costume (red long sleeve shirt/jacket, red pants, beard, and hat). These costumes do not need to be shopping mall quality, but red running shorts are NOT pants 😉
The first 500 registrants are guaranteed to receive a Holiday Hustle medal that can double as an ornament. We even provide the hooks to use for your tree! Last year’s design is below and 2017 will be even better!
- Long sleeve Gildan Performance Tech t-shirts are guaranteed to all participants registered by December 9th (availability and sizes can not be guaranteed for those registering after the 9th).
- Finisher medal that can double as a holiday ornament (guaranteed to the first 500 registrants)
- Disposable chips will be used to generate race results
- Mile splits will capture your progress through the course
- A personalized “timing slip” for each finisher with time and place results
- Hot chocolate and other refreshments and random prize giveaways from event sponsors
- Restrooms are available inside Harford Community College, and plenty of on-site parking is available at the college as well. All pre-race and post-race activities will be INSIDE!
- Water will be available on the 5k course, and course marshals will direct racers at all turns.
Packet Pick Up:
Packets will be available for pick up on Friday, December 15th from 6 PM -9 PM, and Saturday, December 16th from 9 AM-1 PM in the main lobby of the Bel Air Athletic Club. Packets will also be available on race day beginning at 7:30 AM inside the Susquehanna Center of Harford Community College. Click map below for enlarged version.
Harford Community College (Susquehanna Center)
401 Thomas Run Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
Bel Air Athletic Club
658 Boulton Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
Due to time constraints on race day, we HIGHLY ENCOURAGE participants to pick up packets on Friday or Saturday.